CVEDIA is a funded AI company that develops deep learning solutions for some of the largest organizations on the planet. We develop neural networks for computer vision systems (imagery-based AI). We are looking for a Senior IT Engineer to help us create more accurate neural networks that perform great when deployed on the edge.
In this role, you will have the opportunity of working in a team of exceptionally talented and driven individuals who are all making a massive impact on our business. There is no micromanaging or babysitting at CVEDIA, everyone here drives their own ideas all the way from start to finish, everyone is given an equal opportunity to flourish and see the fruits of their labor.
We are looking for talented engineers willing to take new challenges, exploring new solutions, and produce results by having full ownership of a project.
- Take on the challenge to improve the performance of real-world autonomous systems and be a crucial part in shaping our clients’ success.
- Work on the entire deep learning pipeline, including the generation of data, training networks, and optimizing models for deployment.
- Collaborate with Unity engineers, Python developers, and 3D artists to test, evaluate, and improve our systems.
- Manage a project from start to finish by starting with a goal, proposing solutions, organizing the work, activating collaboration with other teams, and implementing the final product.
- Great problem solving and communication skills, to present and discuss ideas and solutions.
- Good experience with Unity for the development of 3D applications or games.
- Good experience with Python.
- Very good English verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, and organizational skills.
- Proactive and self-sufficient
- Attention to details
Considered as a plus
- Experience in neural networks and computer vision
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, BitBucket pipeline, or others)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience working remotely
What We Offer
- A fully distributed multicultural team, located in 19 countries
- Carve your own path in a dynamically growing start-up
- Opportunity to become an expert in cutting-edge Computer Vision solutions
- Yearly team meetup – last time we went to Portugal!
- 4 weeks paid holiday per year
- Paid sick days
- Agile development process
- Anti-discriminatory company culture – we won’t discount you for things like needing to pick your kids up from school, your age, your ethnicity, or your gender
- An excited, communicative, and helpful team – we keep our work environment positive, but we also place importance on honesty
- Passion – We need both energy and passion to develop cutting edge AI. To succeed at CVEDIA, you’ll need to have a strong investment in both your career and the role of AI in the future of the planet.
- Commitment – CVEDIA has the opposite of a “quick-n-dirty” mentality. Every aspect of our technology has been meticulously built and is always the product of very hard work.
- Autonomy – Carrying confidence in the work we do individually is required to work at the pace that we do as a team. Academic research, tutorials, and even creating our own solutions with the tools we have are all on the board during a regular day’s work.
- Joy – It’s one of our greatest strengths to bring excitement to our workplace. We carry this energy into meetings, project planning, and our dedication to our work, and focus on work that feels meaningful.
- Communication – Honest discussions are imperative to the flow of work and ideas. Team members need to be able to effectively communicate complex ideas to those who don’t work in their field. It’s a regular occurrence to spontaneously discuss plans and ideas with any team member on the fly, including our CEO or CTO. Each team member is respected equally and acts as a valuable contributor.
How to Apply
- Please mention your city and country of residence in your application
- English applications only – a professional speaking and writing command of English is required for this role
- Due to time zone difficulties, we’re currently only accepting applicants in European timezones If you live outside of the EU time zone please do not apply.
- During the hiring process, you will be asked to answer a technical questionnaire and fill out a relevant task. These questions and task are crucial for us to evaluate your technical skills and knowledge.