Our computer vision simulation platform SynCity is the first of its kind – using game development tools and machine learning theory, we’ve created a custom, simulated universe that can validate AI models for autonomous cars, boats, and drones, as well as for robotics, industrial AI, smart cities, agriculture, and other applications. We create AI training data using a mixture of data science, machine learning, and imaging experience.
CVEDIA is a funded AI company that develops deep learning solutions for some of the largest organizations on the planet.
What is CVEDIA's company culture?
The CVEDIA team is fully remote, located in over 15 countries across the EU and North America. We’re a diverse team from all different walks of life, and value creative, curious, and open perspectives. We take all of our meetings with video cameras on – it’s easier to build rapport that way, and value individual contribution with a relatively flat company structure. Most of our teams operate using Scrum methodology.
You can expect to be highly valued for your contributions regardless of your role, and to develop many new skills as the company quickly evolves. We try to find joy and humour in our daily interactions, and our operations team works transparently to improve our happiness level constantly.
At our company retreats, you can catch us eating tapas, going for expeditions on the city streets, or, most likely, just sharing a good drink.
Perks and Benefits
- COMPANY RETREATS
Our team goes on an all-expenses-paid trip every year simply to socialize. We're planning for Italy next year!
- VACATION TIME
CVEDIA offers 4 weeks of paid vacation time per year, plus local holidays and paid sick days.
- STOCK OPTIONS
All CVEDIA employees receive company stock options - so if the company does well, we all do well.
- 100% REMOTE TEAM
Our team is global and located in 15+ countries across North America and the EU. Work from wherever you have a good internet connection!
Our operations and management team focus on consistently improving CVEDIA through feedback. No feedback is left unattended - our employees are instrumental in shaping our company.
- FLEXIBLE WORK HOURS
We focus on making your personal life as much of a priority as work is - we're focused on making the two compatible. Work with us to define your needs.
- COMPETITIVE SALARY
We don't use remote work as an excuse to pay you less. Our salaries are competitive and based on experience!
What is the hiring process like?
Our team values individual contributions, flexibility, and skill level over traditional markers of success like job titles, formal degrees, and big names on your resume. In fact, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t match all of the job requirements. Our hiring process usually follows these steps:
- Cultural Interview (15 minutes, video) We get to meet each other and understand who you are, where you come from, how we communicate, and if CVEDIA can fit your needs.
- Team Call (30 minutes, video) You'll meet one of our team leaders and engage in an informal technical conversation where you'll get an idea of what we do and how we do it.
- Technical Test (60 minutes, live) You'll meet with our Head of Production on a live coding test, where we'll be looking at the way you resolve complex technical challenges. The final result will not be as important as the way you got there!
- Job Offer Upon successful completion of the above steps, an offer will be made to you and the journey will begin!
- Remote - EU Timezones Senior Python and Machine Learning Engineer
CVEDIA is a funded AI company that develops deep learning solutions for some of the largest organizations on the planet. We develop neural networks for computer vision systems (imagery-based AI). We are looking for a Senior ML Engineer to help us create more accurate neural networks that perform great when deployed on the edge.
In this role, you will have the opportunity of working in a team of exceptionally talented and driven individuals who are all making a massive impact on our business. There is no micromanaging or babysitting at CVEDIA, everyone here drives their own ideas all the way from start to finish, everyone is given an equal opportunity to flourish and see the fruits of their labour.
- Take on the challenge to improve the performance of real world autonomous systems and be a crucial part in shaping our clients’ success.
- Work on the entire DL pipeline, including the generation of data, training networks, and optimizing models for deployment
- Investigate and develop deep learning architectures for imagery-based perception systems
- Collaborate with engineers and other data scientists to evaluate and improve our systems
- Able to be the main point of contact for enterprise projects
- Solid experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or as a Data Engineer
- Solid Experience with Python,Pytorch, OpenCV, Matplotlib, Numpy, SciPy
- Able to work with multiple programming languages, including C#/C++
- Confident verbal and written English
- Able to balance pragmatism with planning and long-term thinking
- Proactive and self-sufficient
- Attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- Experience working remotely is a plus
- Experience with neural network optimization (pruning/quantizing) is a plus
- Experience using Unity (Game Engine) is a plus
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
What We Offer
- Fully distributed team, located in 19 countries
- 4 weeks paid holiday per year
- Yearly team meetup – this year we went to Portugal!
- Scrum development process
- Anti-discriminatory company culture – we won’t discount you for things like needing to pick your kids up from school, your age, your ethnicity, or your gender
- An excited, communicative, and helpful team – we keep our work environment positive, but we also place importance on honesty
1. Passion – We need both energy and passion to develop cutting edge AI. To succeed at CVEDIA, you’ll need to have a strong investment in both your career and the role of AI in the future of the planet.
2. Commitment – CVEDIA has the opposite of a “quick-n-dirty” mentality. Every aspect of our technology has been meticulously built, and is always the product of very hard work.
3. Autonomy – Carrying confidence in the work we do individually is required to work at the pace that we do as a team. Academic research, tutorials, and even creating our own solutions with the tools we have are all on the board during a regular day’s work.
4. Joy – It’s one of our greatest strengths to bring excitement into our workplace. We carry this energy into meetings, project planning, and our dedication to our work, and focus on work that feels meaningful.
5. Communication – Honest discussions are imperative to the flow of work and ideas. Team members need to be able to effectively communicate complex ideas to those who don’t work in their field. It’s a regular occurrence to spontaneously discuss plans and ideas with any team member on the fly, including our CEO or CTO. Each team member is respected equally and acts as a valuable contributor.
How to Apply
- Please mention your city and country of residence in your application
- English applications only – a professional speaking and writing command of English is required for this role
- Due to time zone difficulties, we’re currently only accepting applicants in European timezones If you live outside of the EU time zone please do not apply.
- During the hiring process you will be asked to answer a technical questionnaire and fill out a relevant task. These questions and task are crucial for us to evaluate your technical skills and knowledge.